We also need people to:
- Provide apples. Can you get some from your garden or someone else’s (with permission, of course)? We need to start collecting now. Please make life easier for us by:
- discarding any that are rotten or bruised
- tell us whether they are cooking or eating apples
- storing them in a box layered with newspaper until we need them – in a cool, dark room is best
- Making and Baking: then we need lots of people to make things like pies, tarts, sauces, chutneys, toffee apples, crumbles, Tarte Tatin, apple sponge. We will supply apples and flour.
Why do it? It can be fun. We can use our talents and enjoy the fruit of our labour. It raises funds for our work and it saves thousands of apples being wasted. It helps us to live simply. Why not